Together with UC Davis Ophthalmology faculty member, Ala Moshiri, M.D., Ph.D., I published a commentary in the American Journal of Ophthalmology regarding the challenges to making off-label use of products a standard of care in retina therapies in ophthalmology. This continues a theme from a previous paper regarding this issue with antibiotics in cataract surgery. While off-label use and compounding medications on a patient by patient basis is supported by U.S. code, a more general policy for standard of care creates a narrow ledge for patients and physicians.
- PharmaLogic to provide service to Zhaoke Ophthalmology
- Value of medical writers discussed in top journal
- Client publishes 100th paper – PharmaLogic wrote the first one
- Dr. Novack’s paper among top 100 glaucoma papers
- Unintended consequences of off-label use
- Off-label use: Article in the American Journal of Ophthalmology