The American Academy of Ophthalmology reported (June 2021) a shortage of bevacizumab as used off-label, aliquoted, for ophthalmic indications in the U.S. The issue surrounding off-label and compounding pharmacy use, particularly with this class of products, were discussed in a recent editorial by Dr. Novack and UC Davis colleague, Ala Moshiri MD, Ph.D. in an article in the American Journal of Ophthalmology. Such use is at risk for many reasons – including availability.
- Value of medical writers discussed in top journal
- Client publishes 100th paper – PharmaLogic wrote the first one
- Dr. Novack’s paper among top 100 glaucoma papers
- Unintended consequences of off-label use
- Off-label use: Article in the American Journal of Ophthalmology
- PharmaLogic work contributes to glaucoma therapeutics